Sunday, January 6, 2013

evening spent in

Good evening! I'm currently curled up on my makeshift couch (my twin bed with pillows all along the side) with my dogs as I type this. I just spent the evening watching Mirror Mirror (absolute cheese, I love it!) with my 11 year old sister, Clare, while drinking tea and eating candy. It's been so long since we've had some good sister time together. I'm 19 and she's 11, and I've always wondered what it's like to have a sibling closer to my age. But honestly, I can't imagine it! I love having a sister who's this much younger than me. It's so cool seeing her go through things I went through almost 10 years ago. I'm relating ways she acts now to how I acted at her age.



Speaking of tea, mmm I love tea! I used to be completely against tea and coffee. But just last year I started drinking both and I have a newfound love for them! I mainly drink Twining's earl grey (with cream and sugar to help my sweet tooth), but my two other go-to teas at the moment are the Brazilian Green Yerba Maté (so amazing with honey and milk!) and Davids Tea Coco Chai Rooibos. I've actually met the amazing group of people who make the Maté tea, that's how I came across it. But be forewarned  you become addicted! And my friend Alyssa who I volunteered with for 6 months introduced me to Davids Tea, where she used to work. She had my try a few different flavours, but I'm hooked on the Coco Chai Rooibos! And then there's coffee. Because of my sweet tooth, I can't do straight, black coffee. But since I work in a café, I get to experiment with drinks. Different flavours, different types of milk, you name it! One of my absolute favourites is an extreme hockey mom mocha.

Loose leaf Yerba Maté!
Earl Grey tea in the moustache mug I stole from my Mom


Take your regular drip coffee (in my case, locally roasted and freshly brewed), and pour until about a third of your cup is full. Next, steam (or warm up if you don't have a machine to steam) up some almond milk, chocolate syrup and hazelnut flavouring. Pour it over the drip coffee and add a hint of cinnamon sprinkled on top. Heaven in a cup, I tell ya!

Steaming up some almond milk!

Now it's looking all yummy in my to-go mug!

Well, that's enough for tonight. I've got one more day of work before my day off, woo!
Hope you had a fantastic weekend. Time for me to log off, watch Zoella's newest video, and start up a new book!

Madelaine

No comments:

Post a Comment