Monday, January 14, 2013

an evening spent

I've just spent my evening catching up on one of my absolute favourite blogs: Design Mom. I came across her website almost two years ago when I watched their family's episode of House Hunters International. Gabrielle Blair and her husband, Ben, along with their children moved from America to Normandy (the Northern portion of France). As soon as I saw the episode, featuring the home they were moving into, I fell in love. At first with the house, and then with their family. I became an avid reader of her website but, as per usual with me, I slowed down, forgot to read it every once in a while, and eventually stopped. But here I am tonight after finding her blog again for the first time in almost two years! And I've fallen in love with it once more. The children have grown and two more have been added to the bunch. Ralph, Maude, Olive, Oscar, Betty, and Flora June (but you can just call her June). As I was scrolling through Gabrielle's Instagram photos, Pinterest page, Twitter feed and Facebook timeline, I came across "Olive Us." I was curious and decided to check it out. It was a secondary website of Gabrielle's. I site completely dedicated to the most beautiful and timeless movies of their children. I watched the first three I found on their page and then came to the realization that I had started in the wrong order. I quickly found "season one" and dove in. Lo and behold, I was drawn like a bee to flowers! I'm now sitting here on my bed, who knows how much later, still captivated by the adorable children and the stunning filmography that the makers (Tiger in a Jar) created.

Here is episode one for your viewing pleasure. Click on the HD button, turn up your volume, make it full screen and enjoy the captivating beauty of the Blair family.



Olive Us Episode 1: Garden Day from Olive Us on Vimeo.

But of all of the episodes, my favourite probably has to be "Christmas Tree Hunt." The little bits of editing flare, the forest scenes, and all of the kids looking like they've stepped out of a Gap Kids photoshoot. I have a soft spot for well dressed children, you see. Honestly though, it was so hard to pick a favourite!

I hope that those two videos were enough to pull you in and have you craving for more! Here's the link to season one, filmed in France, and season two, filmed in Utah. I'm anxiously awaiting season three now!

Madelaine

No comments:

Post a Comment