Friday, January 18, 2013

a year of reading...


I gave myself a goal this year that is a pretty big leap for me! I absolutely love reading, but I found that I just don't read all that much. So this year, I've challenged myself to read 50 books this year... I know! I don't know what I was thinking but holy crap, I hope I do a decent job. I have a feeling like I'm going to end up reading like... five. But we'll see how I do! So here's my list...


  1. About a Boy
  2. The Alchemist
  3. The Amber Spyglass
  4. The Art of Racing in the Rain
  5. The Book Thief
  6. Bridget Jones' Diary: A Novel
  7. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
  8. The Catcher in the Rye
  9. Cinder
  10. Divergent
  11. Geek Love
  12. The Giver
  13. The Golden Compass
  14. The Great Gatsby
  15. The Handmaid's Tale
  16. The Help
  17. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  18. The Host
  19. Insurgent
  20. Into the Wild
  21. The Invention of Hugo Cabret
  22. The Joy Luck Club
  23. The Kite Runner
  24. Les Misérables
  25. Life of Pi
  26. Little Bee
  27. Little Women
  28. Looking for Alaska
  29. The Lovely Bones
  30. The Marriage Plot
  31. Mr Penumbra's 24-Hour Book Store  A Novel
  32. My Sister's Keeper
  33. The Night Circus
  34. One Hundred Names
  35. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  36. Pride and Prejudice
  37. The Princess Bride
  38. Push
  39. Stardust
  40. The Subtle Knife
  41. Tales of Beedle the Bard
  42. To Kill a Mockingbird
  43. Treasure Island
  44. Tuesdays With Morrie
  45. The Virgin Suicides
  46. Water for Elephants
  47. Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
  48. Will Grayson, Will Grayson
  49. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
  50. A Wrinkle in Time
Most of these books I already have on my Kindle which is super handy. It'll be great because I can continue my challenge while I'm living in England for four months. The others, I either own or are at my local library. I've also added a GoodReads widget on the side of my page so you guys can see which one I'm on! I'll try to keep this post updated too and cross off each book as I've read them.

Madelaine

-- photos from Pinterest pages found here, here, and here

No comments:

Post a Comment